DCR Landscape Designations and Management Guidelines 10-Year Review
The Department of Conservation and Recreation is holding a series of public meetings from late August to mid-September to discuss their review of the 2012 DCR Landscape Designations and Management Guidelines. These meetings offer the public a chance to provide feedback on the review, comment on evolving climate concerns, and discuss designations for properties acquired since 2012.
There will be 5 opportunities for the public to participate in live meetings, presenting the same material in each, and a field walk.
- Online sessions:
- Tuesday, August 23rd 6:30pm-8:30pm Register: https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJAldOChqTssHNWrviRTOZMezYEzjexAEiJS
- Monday, August 29th 6:30pm-8:30pm Register: https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJUvdOmsrDMuE9Xu1rhhD2K4Q2GpJ606_5oJ
- Wednesday, September 14th 6:30pm-8:30pm Register: https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJUld-2spz4jE9wvc7vab41JeZkcHtXjJlsC
- In-person sessions:
- Thursday, September 8th 6:30pm-8:30pm MassWildlife Field Headquarters, 1 Rabbit Hill Road, Westborough, MA 01581
- Tuesday, September 13th 6:30pm-8:30pm Pittsfield Athenaeum, One Wendell Avenue, Pittsfield, MA 01201
- Field walk:
- Monday, September 12th Start time: 4pm Field Walk at Otter River State Forest – Register (registration closes Thursday 9/8 and instructions to join will be emailed on 9/9 https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJEtdO6upj4iGNTpRShv6Yrtof4Lh9btCOdw
DCR encourages the public to share additional feedback, with a deadline for receipt of comments by September 28th, 2022. Comments may be submitted online at www.mass.gov/dcr/public-comment. Please note that the content of comments you submit to DCR, along with your name, town, and zip code, will be posted on DCR’s website. Additional contact information required when commenting, notably email address, will only be used for outreach on future updates on the subject project or property.