These goals were established in 2018 to guide the Working Group and provide an excellent overview of our work.
- Learn more about the interrelationship between racism and climate change ourselves, and share our learning with CAN participants.
- Enable all CAN working groups and projects to use a racial lens as one of the ways we all look at each project and issue.
- Assist CAN to develop more active alliances with organizations of people of color throughout the Valley, including solidarity coalitions which will address climate change, racism, and other issues.
- Help CAN participants who are white people to do the learning and personal development work with regard to race that will enable us all to be more effective in meeting these goals.
- Help educate the wider public about the relationships between climate change and racism.