Climate Action Now is dedicated to building a powerful, unstoppable climate justice movement in our corner of the world-a movement that we see as essential to preventing climate catastrophe -while inventing new ways to live together on this earth.
We are an inclusive, grassroots community of people, connected by our passion to preserve a livable world and create a more just society through organizing, action and public education.
Our vision is to provide a home for all people in our area engaged in climate change work and campaigns so that we can mutually support and strengthen all of our efforts.
We’d love to hear from you! The best way to get in touch is to send us a note at email@example.com
or message us on our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ClimateActionNowMA
We meet once a month, on the 4th Monday evening of the month, 7-9 pm, alternating between Amherst and Northampton. Newcomers are most welcome!
In Amherst, we meet at the Unitarian Meetinghouse on North Pleasant St.
In Northampton, we meet at the Unitarian Society of Northampton and Florence on Main St.
To change everything we need everyone! here are some campaigns and affiliated groups.
- Stop the Pipelines/For a Renewable Future: in collaboration with others across the state and region we worked to stop the proposed Kinder Morgan fracked gas pipeline planned to cross Western MA. Currently we are working to stop the Ct Expansion Loop in Sandisfield / Otis. Our goal is to have Massachusetts meet its energy needs through renewables and energy efficiency.
- Divestment from Fossil Fuels: The fossil fuel divestment movement is gathering steam, with institutions across the world committing to remove dirty energy investments from their stock portfolios. We’re students demanding their universities divest endowments, we’re faith leaders, we’re many more…we are a truly global and growing force. Stop investment in the failing fossil fuel industry, invest in our future!
- Carbon Pollution Fee and Rebate: We’re working to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by making Massachusetts the first state in the nation to put a price on carbon pullution. We’re members of the statewide Campaign for a Clean Energy Future, using a set of basic principles to insure that carbon pricing legislation reduces GHG emissions, strengthens the MA economy and is fair to households, businesses, and institutions.
- Springfield Climate Justice Coalition: The Springfield Climate Justice Coalition is bringing together diverse groups to advocate and organize for a Climate Action and Resiliency Plan for the city. http://ariseforsocialjustice.blogspot.com/
- Soil, Food, Carbon Sinks
- Mothers Out Front: We’re mothers, fathers and caregivers creating a livable future for our kids. We’re supporting each other in safe monthly discussion groups and in celebration gatherings as we adapt to climate change. Mothers out Front sends out a weekly “Monday Action” with a 5-minute action you can take. http://mofpioneervalley.nationbuilder.com/ Sign up for the Monday Action here: https://mothersoutfront.wordpress.com/
- Interfaith Climate Action: We’re sharing news of local interfaith meetings and actions. We’re coming together around historic events such as Pope Francis’ Congressional address and his climate justice encyclical and welcome people of all faiths to collaborate.
- Climate Action Theater / Art
- Gas Leaks
- Teenagers: from a group of young people “We invite more young people to join us. Start by subscribing to our Google group: MassClimateYouthfirstname.lastname@example.org”