- If you hover over the bottom left corner of the zoom window, you can choose between calling in on your phone or using computer audio. If your internet isn’t very strong, your phone audio may be better.
- Please keep yourself muted except when you are speaking. On a computer, click on the audio icon on the lower left of your screen to mute and unmute. On a landline phone, hit * 6 to mute and unmute.
- To turn your webcam on, hover over the lower left corner of the zoom window and click on “Start Video.” You do need a webcam for this to work!
- If your internet isn’t very strong, turning your camera off may make your connection more stable.
- In the upper right corner of the zoom window, try clicking back and forth between gallery and speaker view. Use whichever you like – this only affects your own screen!
- You can ‘raise your hand’ to ask a question. On a computer, click the participants icon at the bottom of your screen and click raise hand in the dialog box. If you are on a landline phone, hit *9 to raise/lower your hand.
- When doing a go-around (like introductions), after you have spoken, call on someone else to speak. Everyone’s view of the group is not the same, so we can’t say ‘pass to the person on your left’.
- You can also use the chat window to share links, comments, etc.
If you would like to test this out before the meeting, click join a test meeting to familiarize yourself with Zoom.
We recommend that you join us through a computer or tablet. If you must use a phone, please download the Zoom app, to improve your ability to participate.