The loggers are in our forest. We need a physical show of support at the Wendell State Forest
Stand in support of the Wendell State Forest Protectors at Wendell State Forest. Hold a sign. Signs available or make your own.
You can stand in support of the forest protectors who are getting arrested. Please come now.
It is not necessary to risk arrest. You can still stand in support of those who are willing to risk arrest.
Two forest protectors were arrested yesterday, while standing in peaceful constitutionally protected protest in front of the logging entrance on a public way.
This is our constitutional protected right to peacefully protest about the taking of our forested against our will.
Thank You For All Your Outstanding Support
~Save Brook Rd Forest Team
Wendell State Forest Alliance Code of conduct:
1. Our attitude will be one of openness and respect toward all we encounter in our actions.
2. We make our decisions through respectful dialogue with the goal of finding common ground by submitting one’s best thinking, knowing that other people’s reflections will help improve it and assuming that many people have pieces of the answer and that together they can put them into a workable solution.
3. We will use no violence, verbal or physical, toward any person.
3. We will not harm anyone and we will not retaliate in reaction to violence.
4. We will not carry weapons.
5. We will neither be under the influence nor bring any non-prescribed drugs or alcohol..
6. During direct action events, it is best not to bring dogs nor other animals, except for service animals.
7. We will not run nor make any motions that can be misinterpreted by law enforcement as threatening.
8. In case of confrontation, we will seek to de-escalate.
9. We affirm that people’s lives and safety are more important than property. We will engage in actions that do not include property destruction.
10. We ask that all participants in actions intending to risk arrest receive preparation in nonviolent direct action or partner and follow the lead of someone who has received such preparation.
12. We support a diversity of non-violent direct action including, but not limited to, civil disobedience.
13. We will uphold the code of conduct and action agreements while participating in actions with Wendell State Forest Alliance