Support the Pesticide Bills H.792, S.499, H.791, S.477/H.776
-Call the MA Joint Committee on Environment, Natural Resources & Agriculture
Senate Chair, Anne Gobi: (617) 722-1540
House Chair, Smitty Pignatelli: (617) 722-2210
-Call your State Senator and Representative
Support Bill H. 897 to protect forest ecosystems on state lands
-Sign the petition to support the bill
-Visit the Save Mass Forests website for details and contact info
-Sign the petition for a moratorium on logging for all Massachusetts public land
Last chance to act on important climate crisis legislation!
Please call ENRA Committee Co-chairs Senator Anne Gobi (617) 722-1540 and Representative Smitty Pignatelli (617) 722-2210 early this week and urge them to give these bills, endorsed by Climate Action Now, a favorable vote.
Even if you have contacted these legislators’ offices about these bills already, please call them again. To call – just list the numbers and names of the bills you support and state your name and town.
If the JOINT COMMITTEE ON ENVIRONMENT, NATURAL RESOURCES AND AGRICULTURE (ENRA) does not act on these bills by February 5th they will die in committee. Let’s not let that happen!
H.897, An Act Relative to Forest Protection protects our state owned forests from logging. This action will fight climate change by reducing carbon loss and increasing carbon sequestration.
H.853, An Act to Assure the Attainment of Greenhouse Gas Emissions Goals of the Alternative Portfolio Standard amends Massachusetts’ Alternative Portfolio Standard (APS) by removing subsidies for wood-burning heating systems such as biomass.
H.792, An Act relative to the prohibition of the transfer or use of glyphosate in the Commonwealth. This bill prohibits the distribution, sale or use of glyphosate or any products containing glyphosate within the Commonwealth of Massachusetts (full ban).
S.447/H.776, An Act empowering towns and cities to protect residents and the environment from harmful pesticides. This bill restores the power of municipal governments to restrict the use, application or disposal of pesticides within that town or city.
S.499, An Act relative to the use of glyphosate on public lands. This bill would end the application of glyphosate on any on any public lands owned or maintained by the Commonwealth without a special permit.
H.791 – An Act relative to improving pesticide protections for Massachusetts schoolchildren. This bill would allow only pesticides considered minimum risk by EPA, or certified organic, on the outdoor grounds of schools, child care centers and school age child care programs within the state, which would prohibit the use of toxic pesticides like glyphosate and 2,4-D.
Thank you for adding your voice!
For more information on H.853 and H.897 visit https://www.savemassforests.com/
Here is a recent Greenfield Recorder piece by Michael Kellet My Turn: Forest Protection Bill H.897: Setting the record straight
Climate Action Now has signed a Northeast Organic Farming Association-initiated coalition letter to the MA Legislature ENRA Committee, supporting several pesticide bills. “At a time of climate crisis, rapid insect extinctions,  declining bird populations  and rising rates of chronic human illness, we must address how the pervasive use of synthetic toxic pesticides in our school yards, our farm fields and our communities contributes to this urgent situation” click here to read more.And if you can do more please call or write to the co-sponsors of H.897 to thank them for supporting our efforts and let them know why you care.
- Rep. Susannah Whipps (lead sponsor) 617-722-2090 Susannah.Whipps@mahouse.gov
- Rep. Natalie Blais, 617-722-2425 Natalie.Blais@mahouse.gov
- Sen. Jo Comerford, 617-722-1532 Jo.Comerford@masenate.gov
- Rep. Paul Mark, 617-722-2304 Paul.Mark@mahouse.gov
- Rep. Lindsay Sabadosa, 617-722-2425 Lindsay.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rep. Mindy Domb, 617-722-2425 email@example.com
- Angelo Puppolo, 617-722-2006 Angelo.Puppolo@mahouse.gov
- Jose Tosado, 413-788-0683 Jose.Tosado@mahouse.gov
- Denise Provost, 617-722-2263 Denise.Provost@mahouse.gov
- Stephan Hay, 617-722-2637 Stephan.Hay@mahouse.gov
- Mike Connolly, 617-722-2060 Mike.Connolly@mahouse.gov
- Aaron Vega, 413-650-2727 Aaron.Vega@mahouse.gov
- Sean Garballey 617-722-2090 Sean.Garballey@mahouse.gov
- Tami Gouveia, 617-722-2425 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Paul McMurtry, 617-722-2582 Paul.McMurtry@mahouse.gov
- James Arciero, 617-722-2012 James.Arciero@mahouse.gov