Please spread the word!
Eversource has asked the MA Department of Public Utilities (DPU) to approve:
· A 10% rate increase for residential customers in western Mass
· Increased investor profits to a guaranteed 10.5% (exceeding the average)
· Imposition of confusing demand charges on unsuspecting consumers and new fixed charges on households with solar panels
What can you do?
Attend a DPU hearing on the rate hike request
o Springfield Wednesday, April 12 – 7pm, City Hall, School Committee Meeting Rm
o Greenfield, Wednesday, April 26 – 7 pm, Greenfield Middle School Auditorium
You can sign up to speak or simply attend to show your opposition. No signs allowed in the hearing room but T-shirts or buttons with messages are fine.
Write to the DPU
o To send your comments to the DPU click on this link and personalize your comments – https://actionnetwork.org/
o Or send a letter to the Hearing Officer, Marc.Tassone@state.
You must include the docket number (17-05), your name, a brief description in the subject line (eg Comment on Eversource rate hike request).
Some talking points:
I oppose the Eversource rate increase request because it asks for:
· Unjustified rate increases that will be hard on our families and businesses
· New charges to residents with solar panels that will slow the vital uptake of new solar installations
· Excessive profit for the companies and their stock holders with no assurance of the company meeting our clean energy and energy efficiency goals
For more talking points go to this document.